Wednesday, March 23, 2011

They're sending me to Vietnam...it's this whole other country.

I skipped yesterday because I was way too excited to sit down and write! So now I have A LOT to tell you today. I am going to skip the challenge and devote the entire blog to the daily list of randomness. Let's begin...

1.) I am finally the proud new owner of a 2003 Mach 1 Mustang! This is 1 of roughly 2300 that Ford produced in azure blue. I absolutely LOVE it. I don't think I have ever been this excited about owning a vehicle. I've already put 150 miles on it just driving around!




2.) I had a scare on my Meals on Wheels route today. Every Wednesday I deliver food to this adorable little lady. Her front door is always closed and locked when I get there. If she is not home or doesn't feel well that day she leaves me a note saying she won't be coming to the door. It has been this way the past 5 times I have seen her. This Wednesday; however, her door was wide open! Plus there was no note. She wouldn't answer when I called her name or anything! She had told me previously she was ready for Jesus to call her home. Well, I was convinced Jesus had done just that! After 15 minutes of me searching, I called in a posse of three police officers and two worried neighbors who had heard me calling her name. Turns out she had decided to go for a walk! I told her I was afraid Jesus had called her home and her response was, "He said he wasn't ready for me yet!"

3.) I had an awkward run-in with a Vietnam veteran today. (I know, that sounds odd already.) He wasn't like a Forrest Gump veteran though. He was more of a Lt. Dan!


 I was at the library looking up a book on the computer, just minding my own business. This guy with long gray hair, army fatigue shirt, and sweat pants is standing beside me also looking up a book. This is the awkward conversation that ensued...

Army guy: Do you hear that barking dog?
Me: I think that is the kid over there.
Army guy: Sounds like a dog.
Me: No, it's that little girl over there barking like a dog.
Army guy: I don't know anything about kids.
Me: Hmmm...
Army guy: School must be out. Is school out.
Me: I don't know. I guess so.
Army guy: *weird look* You don't know if it is?
Me: I think it is spring break.
Army guy: So where do you go to school?
Me: I don't.
Army guy: *Mumbling*
Me: *nodding*
Army guy: So where do you go to school?
Me: I already graduated college.
(I am going to start paraphrasing now because he started to ramble)
Army guy: Then you've probably heard about this thing they are doing to welcome back Vietnam vets. *ranting, ranting, ranting* They should have welcomed us home when we actually got home. *ranting, ranting, ranting* I'm writing a book about our struggles! *ranting, ranting, ranting* I WAS CALLED A BABY KILLER!
Me: Well, I found my book! Good luck with your research! 

It was at this point that I actually ran in the library. They frown on that by the way.  

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. 



1 comment:

  1. I can't type out a reasonable response because I'm laughing too hard... :)

    ReplyDelete