Thursday, May 26, 2011

And that's why I'm awesome

The blog today is going to be a long one. I hope I do not lose you somewhere a long the way. I'll throw in a lot of pictures to keep you amused! Here is the daily list of random.

1.) I've discovered this juice called GoodBelly. It is a probiotic that helps your digestive tract. I think yogurt was created by the Devil so I do not get the regular dose of probiotics that I need. I paid $3.00 for a carton of Pomegranate Blackberry flavored GoodBelly juice. This is not regular juice people. I don't know what it is. It is the consistency of skim milk and looks like blood. It tastes alright, but I don't think I'll be spending $3.00 on it again anytime soon. It kind of freaks me out.

2.) I have not had Junior Mints in almost a week. I've having withdrawals. I don't believe in moderation when it comes to Junior Mints so I had to quit them cold-turkey. Me thinks this was a bad idea.

It is really hard to draw stick figures twitching in the fetal position. Use your imagination.


3.) I'd probably sell one of my unimportant organs for an Oreo Blizzard right now. Or for a box of Junior Mints.



Okay moving right along into story time! Today's story is brought to you by the year 1992.





This is the story about how I saved my best friend's life. I am going to be honest. This story is slightly fabricated because I was only four when it happened. I remember the major parts but some have been filled in through the power of imagination.

Every summer from 1992 til 1997 I attended a day-time summer camp. This place was a kiddie paradise. Three playgrounds, big in-ground pool, and a barn full of games and toys. The only bad part about the camp was Playground 2. I hated Playground 2. Every manner of insect lived on that playground. The worst part was the long walk. It was located at the very edge of the farm in some woods. The owner kept the grass tall to bail it up later for hay so there was a straight path cut through a field to get the dreaded playground. In this tall grass lived swarms of very large bees. These were mutant bees!! They were huge and black and sounded like a small jet plane when they flew past your ear.




 This is in no way an exaggeration ....

My favorite movie at this time was the newly released "My Girl". If you have seen this movie you know that the main character's best friend is killed when a swarm of bees attack him. Okay, now imagine my 4-year-old horror at having to walk through a field of them. My best friend just happened to be a boy who wore glasses just like the character that had died. I was convinced that poor Andrew was a goner if the bees turned on us. I decided that I would protect him on our first journey through the field. I grabbed Andrew's hand and made him sprint with me so as to avoid his untimely death. We made it to the other side unscathed thankfully. Andrew was not actually allergic to bees but at that age I just assumed if a lot of them stung you that you died. I saw bees as an insect that would murder you in your sleep with no remorse.




And that's the story about how I saved my best friend's life...and why I'm awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment