Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jesus did it, why can't I?

Hello, Readers. I have a different kind of blog for you this time. It is not challenge or cookbook related. I just need to vent for a minute and since it is 12:00 a.m., I don't have an awake person to complain to.

Have you this button before?
This, ladies and gentlemen, is my big, red, DO NOT PUSH button. Now don't get me wrong, the good Lord blessed me with patience. He provided me with numerous buttons that can be pushed, and I still have the ability to stay cool, calm, and collected. However, I also have one big, red, DO NOT PUSH button. All the other buttons have to be pushed before the big, red, DO NOT PUSH button even surfaces. Once the big, red, DO NOT PUSH button is out in the open though it only takes a poke, a prod, a nudge, or a light tap and my once long suffering patience transforms into a Cujo-like rage!

                            

That is an over exaggeration of course. My "angry" is other people's "ticked off". I threw a pen in my latest fit of rage and when I apologized for my actions, I was laughed at! Apparently what I was feeling inside was only coming out as mildly irritated on the outside. This is good I suppose because I really wanted to go all Jesus on my object of anger and start flipping tables!


I said all that to say this....my big, red, DO NOT PUSH button got pushed tonight. Not poked, not prodded, but violently beaten with a sledgehammer. I was going to make another point somewhere along the way but I kinda forgot my anger while ranting. I feel much better now. Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment