Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 24: Mock-ing bird, yeah!

Hello, Readers! It's my Friday at work...finally. This week seemed to drag on and on..and on and on and on and on. Unfortunately my two days off will not be in a row this week. I am working Tuesday, but I will be off on Wednesday. But I know you probably could care less so let's move on to the daily list of random...

1.) ROTW, Meredith Davenport, has used her bonus votes towards the oatmeal cookies. That gives them 5 votes thus making them the winner. She also requested raisins in the cookies as well. I myself do not like oatmeal cookies or raisins so I will not be partaking in the taste testing. If I have any volunteers please let me know and I will somehow get them to you.

2.) I was challenged to a race the other night. A Mitsubishi Eclipse with an obnoxiously loud muffler pulled up beside me at McDonald's and revved his engine. What's funny is that I was parked in a parking spot at the time. The driver looked MAYBE 17 at the most. He even did the "let's do this" head nod. He was ignored.
What he actually was driving






















What he thought he was driving

3.) I am blogger illiterate! I just spent 15 minutes trying to get those pictures right! Now I'm irritated and do not want to finish the blog. Along the same lines...how do I make my layout like a 5 year old didn't do it? Anyone who helps me will be nominated for Reader of the Week.



Day 24 is supposed to be about something I have learned. What kind of topic is that? I'm almost 23-years-old! I've learned a lot. 2+2 = 4, in 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue, and don't play with matches near a gas can.

I think they mean what is something insightful or meaningful that you have learned. So I am going to share with you a lesson I have recently learned, thanks to my best friend Cory.

NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LOVE YOU!

"I'm cute. I'm cuddly. I'm nice. What do you mean not everyone is going to love me? They have to. People always love me." Yes at the ripe old age of 21, I was under the impression that I had to make friends with everyone I came into contact with.


I am the bunny in this picture. I am seen approaching a mockingbird. 1) Bunnies and birds are not friends. 2) Mockingbirds are the meanest bird ever. See where I'm getting at? I would try to befriend people who didn't want to be my friend. Then I would be like





It was then pointed out to me that not everyone is going to love me. It was like a revelation! Something so simple had never occurred to me. I was under the impression everyone had to like me all the time. Do you know how hard that is to keep up? That means you have to make everyone happy that you come into contact with. Once I realized that the mockingbirds didn't care whether I was their friend or not it made my life a whole lot easier! Thanks Cory!


Sorry I rambled a little bit. I hope you understood my bunny/mockingbird analogy. 

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment