Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 5: Siblings!

Here is a random list of things I felt like you needed to know but did not fit into the blog theme today:

1.) I have had several nibbles on the Jeep. I have a few phone calls to make today to set up meetings for people to come see it! Fingers crossed!
2.) This butter cake with caramel icing is going to be tricky. I need to purchase a double boiler. I also need to learn how to use the double boiler without harming myself or others. Monday will be an interesting blog.
3.) Eating two king size boxes of Junior Mints will make your stomach hurt. They are only deliciously minty an refreshing when they are eaten in moderation.
4.) Just because a frozen dinner is $.58 doesn't mean you should buy it.
5.) If you are going to eat two king size boxes of Junior Mints and a $.58 frozen meal make sure you carry Pepto with you.

 
Let's begin Day 5, shall we. I must warn you before I start that I am more than likely going to write a lot today. I usually try to keep it short and sweet, but today's topic is something very near and dear to my heart. And it actually has nothing to do with food! Today, I get to tell you about my siblings! Don't worry though. When I feel I've rambled too much I will throw in a picture to keep you focused.

I should start off first by telling you that I am the baby of the family. My sister is 4 years older than me. (I am the slightly over weight cross eyed one on the left).


That being said, for the first 15 years of my life I did not have a name! I responded to "Meredith's Little Sister", "Little Meredith", or sometimes I even turned around when someone said her name because I just assumed they were talking to me. This didn't really bother me though, because my sister is not a bad person to be compared to or associated with. Growing up, if Meredith liked something, I liked it too. If Meredith wanted to do something, I wanted to do it too. I hated pink, Lisa Frank, and cheer leading but Meredith did and liked it all it so it must have been cool! Yes, I was a cheerleader for one year and I even had a sparkly unicorn trapper keeper. But I should have drawn the line here....



I mean come on now people. Does this look like something I would really be interested in?? Tragically, I learned at a young age (shortly after this picture) that my sister was much cooler than I was. She was skinny, I was fat. She could play the piano, I couldn't turn on the radio. She could tumble and flip, I fell down stairs. However, I eventually found my own things to be interested in like basketball, Ninja Turtles, and pimping around on my big wheel. Even though I've found my niche now and I'm comfortable in my own skin, I still strive to be like my older sister. She has grown up to be such a beautiful woman with the kindest heart. I can only hope that I can one day make her as proud as she has made me.



I also have a half sister named Sherrie. She would kill me if I told you how much older she is so we'll just say she is older than Meredith and leave it at that :-)  Me and Sherrie share a dad and we look a lot a like! More so than me and Meredith. She is one of the sweetest people that I know. I wish we got to see each other more than we do. I have a few pictures of us, but none are recent or very flattering of me. I mentioned I was fat right?

Here is a surprise twist. I have a brother too! Okay, I don't technically have a brother, but my brother-in-law is about as close to me as one. You remember Tom from my "first love" post, right? Well if you didn't already know Tom is actually my sister's husband, Jeffrey! We have seen each other through thick and thin for almost 7 years now.  He is the best big brother I could have ever asked for.



Well folks that about does it for siblings and for Day 5. I tried to be brief but still get my point across. I got a little serious and a tad mushy so I hope I didn't lose you in the middle of a paragraph somewhere. Happy Thursday!

Oh, and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

3 comments:

  1. I, of course, cried reading this. :) I do believe that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! 2 things: I think you can tumble and flip quite nicely! It's usually DOWN the stairs, but really, very talented! :) And 2, I am already unbelievably proud of you! You have done so well professionally, and you really have your head on straight when it comes to your future. It would do me some good to be more like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love that you can write about serious things in a funny way. :)

    ReplyDelete