Monday, March 14, 2011

Cookbook Mondays: Hershey Pie

I am a little late, but it is now time for Cookbook Mondays!! This week I made Hershey Pie. And, if I may brag, it turned out quite wonderfully! Here are some highlights...

1.) I didn't eat any of the 6 Hershey bars it took to make it! Can you believe that?? Not even one little square.

2.) I learned how to whip cream. I assumed whipping cream was indeed already whipped. But apparently the word whipping indicates that it can be whipped, not that it already is.

3.) I made a friend in the checkout line today at Al's Foodtown. I was using the recipe notebook as a shopping list and the elderly lady behind me asked me what I was going to be baking. I explained what I was doing and she was thrilled. She asked to see the recipe notebook because she wanted to copy down the recipe and make it herself!

This is an extremely easy pie to make! Here is the recipe.

Hershey Pie

6 Hershey bars
1/2 cup milk
18 large marshmallows
1/2 pint whipping cream

In sauce pan, melt chocolate bars, marshmallows, and milk. Let cool. Whip the cream and fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour in a graham cracker crust. Let chill for 6 hours.

I have to admit I cheated a little and bought a premade crust. At the bottom of this recipe she says to use "the graham crack crust I make" but she doesn't explain how to make it.

I would put up a picture, but I kinda already ate some of it! If you make it yourself let me know how it turns out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment