Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 4: I pretty much made this blog into a picture book...

We interrupt this blog (that hasn't even started) for an important news bulletin!
 ***************************************************************************************************
 On Wednesday March 1, 2011, I found my dream car!

His name is Marky the Mach 1 Mustang. I realize that since I do not technically own him it is a bit premature to name him. It is probably also a bit premature to have mentally planned out fun road trips for us to go on together....



But all that aside, I am hoping to be his proud new owner very soon!

Moving on to the actual point of the blog!

Today is Day 4 of share-way-too-much-about-yourself-fest 2011. The topic for this particular day is supposed to be about my parents. However, my post is probably going to pale in comparison to my sister's eloquently worded masterpiece about these two very special people. I am not really sure where to begin...

I was born in a barn on a particularly starless night, aside from the lone star that was shining brightly above the manger I was....ohh wait. Wrong story. Totally not about me. Sorry....I was actually born in the wee hours of the morning on June 13, 1988 to Bobby and Tanya Sellars. My daddy and I got to spend the first year of my life together before he passed away in August of 1989. Since I was so young, I don't remember him but from what I hear, he was a pretty great guy to be around. I thought I would show you how much me and him look alike! On the right is his senior picture. The picture on the left was taken four months before he went to Heaven.


My mama did an amazing job raising me and my sister Meredith by herself (aside from the bonnet I'm wearing). I know Daddy and God helped her out. They were and always have been watching over all three of us. Pretty much anything I say now in this paragraph is going to be the standard things everyone says about their moms. So I'll go ahead and wrap it up by saying I am glad I can call my mom one of my best friends. We have one of those relationships where I feel like we can talk about anything. She is an amazing woman, and I can only hope that one day I can be half the mom she is to us.



Well that was Day 4 in a nutshell. I could have said a whole lot more because my parents are pretty awesome people but my attention span is extremely short. That's also why I put so many pictures. They are worth a thousand words though, right? Anyways, it is time for my new sign out slogan. You ready? And, that's the way the cookie crumbles!

3 comments:

  1. I love it sis. I think you did a great job! I thought of so much I could've wrote, then decided nobody wanted to read an hour's worth of my rambling. So, you did good! :)

    P.s. LOVE the sign out! Woo woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Tomorrow I get to write about you and post terribly embarrassing pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete