Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dary 22ish: I got the diabeetus!

Good afternoon, readers. Well it might not be afternoon when you are reading this, but it was afternoon when I wrote it! Here is the daily list of random.

1.) I cannot accurately describe in words what happened to Tennessee's weather in the past two days. Here is a picture instead. It's sunny, it's raining, it's windy, it's a.....
TORNABOW!
                                                      

2.) I am going to set up a table at a community thingy at Verizon on Saturday. I decided to test out the new temporary tattoos we ordered. I'm glad I didn't have anywhere important to go today because I think they lied on the temporary part!


3. Behold my survival kit for work!

Yes, I will probably have the diabeetus after this. And yes, Wilford Brimley is probably going to start stalking me with his diabetic medical testing supplies, but I don't care!

I know, Wilford. I know.

I feel like today's post and tomorrow's post are going to be redundant. This is due to the fact that I already posted something similar. I'll do today's and make up something else for tomorrow. Day 22ish is about my favorite city. I had to think long and hard about this because I had it narrowed down to two cities, but I decided to choose....

Veracruz, Mexico!

I went to Mexico for a week to visit my sister when she was studying down there. I had just turned 16, and it was my first time out of the states. We visited a few places, but I fell in love with this city. The beauty of the town is not describable in words! I wish I could find the pictures we took. Here are a few I found on the web.

I walked in that court yard! It was so beautiful.

I loved all the architecture.

The beach was so clean and they sold the neatest things.
For a country girl from Lebanon, it was a lot to take in all at once. The locals loved us though. Veracruz is not a popular American tourist destination so we were novelties and everyone was extremely helpful. Oh oh oh, and we also ate the best Mexican food I've ever had at a beautiful restaurant in that court yard. I have never been able to find what I ate there that day here in the States :-(   I hope to go back there one day because I feel like there was so much more I could have seen and done!


I'm all done for today! Stay tuned for tomorrow to see if I lived through my sugar coma.


That's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment