Friday, May 20, 2011

And that's why yellow makes me sad...

Hello my dear Readers!! I have been out of commission for 3 days now because some evil person infected my computer with a virus!


I have a lot to share with you so here is the always entertaining list of randomness:


1.) I attempted to make fudge cake for Cookbook Monday. It was so awful I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture of it. Mammy's instructions were to "cook it slowly". There was no degree for the oven or a time for the timer. I was simply supposed to "cook it slowly". I put the oven on 350 and it was still bubbly and runny after 30 minutes. I decided to leave it 15 more minutes. Somehow it instantly decided to cook and it became a blackened brick. Needless to say I was very distraught! Next Monday is "Tanya's Sugar Cookies." Hopefully I won't screw those up too!

This is a dramatization of what my cake looked like.  
2.) Here is another shortened, condensed version of "What I'm Loving Wednesday": 1.) People who don't abuse coupons, 2.) the new Kroger, and 3.) no cicadas in my yard!

3.) Short and sweet "Thankful Thursday": 1.) No cicadas in my yard, 2.) my sweet, adorable nephew, and 3.) Baked Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips

4.) Fun fact Friday!

If you are over 100 years old, there is an 80% chance you are a woman.
 

5.) There were two competitors for Reader of the Week this time. It was a tight race but someone had to come out on top. This week's ROTW is....*pause for suspense*....Jamie Cook! She told me that she missed my randomness and she also comments on every blog. I think she is stalking me, but I consider that a form of flattery so I'll let it pass. Jamie, for your prize, you will receive a lock of my hair to add to your shrine. You're welcome.


Today, I am going to tell you about my first and only fight I ever got into! Let me start off with some back story.

The fight occurred in the summer of 1993. I was 5-years-old. Don't ask me how or why I remember this...I just do. I was under the impression that I was just "one of the guys". I refused to play with the other girls on the playground. I also would only wear black high tops as seen in the picture below.


All that being said, I was not afraid to say I'd fight other boys in order to prove I was tough enough to play with them. One day my group of friends decided to pick on the weird kid at day care. He never combed his hair and wore shoes that didn't match. That was grounds for getting beat up when you are 5. I was the yellow power ranger and my friends were the other colors.


I leaped from my perch on top of the concrete tunnel and kicked the poor kid right in the butt. The chase was on then. He ran fast for a kid who was wearing two different shoes. We finally cornered him up against the fence using our imaginary weapons. He was yelling at us to leave him alone and we were yelling random quotes from episodes we had seen. Feeling trapped and out numbered he decided to attempt a last ditch attempt at freedom. So he karate kicked me right in the mouth. I'm not saying I didn't deserve it, but it hurt. A lot. Probably a lot more than his kick in the butt I gave him. Anyways, the yellow Power Ranger was down and the rest of my group was crowded around me. My sister swooped in out of nowhere and scooped me up. She ran me inside where I was given an icy pop by a teacher. The pampering lasted about 5 minutes until it was discovered that I was the one who started the fight. I had to sit in time out until my mom picked me up.

The moral of the story? The yellow Power Ranger sucked. No one liked her anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face! I, of course, don't remember this, but I sure do find it histerical now. Oh, sorry, hope you were ok... :)

    ReplyDelete