Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 6: Brittany Spears doesn't have nothin' on me!

Let me just start this post off by saying that I've had an awesome day so far! Usually Fridays suck really badly because it is just my Wednesday, but today has been an unusually great Friday! Let me tell you why!

1.) My hair is straight. Very straight. And it will be straight for 8 to 10 weeks! How cool is that? I had a Keratin Straightener put on it. Look!! 
                                                                                              

2.) I completed one of my New Year resolutions. I now weigh what I did in high school! I just wanted to see if I could do it, and I did! Woot, woot!

3.) Someone is coming to look at the Jeep in the morning. This is my first big bite so I am hoping I sell it tomorrow!

I am particularly excited about this post today. Day 6 is where I show you a picture of something that makes me happy. I can't just pick one thing so I'll show you 3 pictures, but the third picture is something that makes me happier than anything else on this earth.

I knew as soon as I read what Day 6 was about that I had to mention this. If you know me at all you know that it always brings a smile to my face:

                                      

Now, oddly enough the second picture is not going to be of Oreos or Junior Mints. I know that is probably what you were expecting, and I don't blame you. But there is something that makes me happier than both of those things. And that, my dear readers, is a good ol fashioned country song. In particular, "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain", as performed by Mr. Willie Nelson.

                                     
 
Now on for the thing that makes me most happy. Here is a back story...Before February 11, 2010, I was scared of babies. Weird, huh? I was intimidated by their wobbly heads and tiny, fragile bodies. I always imagined that I'd drop the baby and be labeled as the "baby dropper" for the rest of my life. Maybe it goes back to high school when I had one of those fake babies for a class. I was docked 20 points because the poor thing had whiplash. I made Brittany Spears look like a good mother.
 
                                   
 
But I digress...what I'm trying to say is that I'm not scared of babies anymore. In fact I love babies now. The reasoning behind that is my nephew, Levi. He has brought so much joy into my life. I can't help but smile whenever he is around. When he runs up to give me a hug, it just warms my heart everytime. So my third picture is of Levi because he honestly makes me very happy. Even happier than Oreos and straight hair.
 
                                        
 
Oh and I have not dropped Levi, yet...he did fall off the bed one time when I turned around but I didn't technically drop him so it doesn't count.
 
And that's the way the cookie crumbles...

4 comments:

  1. Levi will be so happy to know he makes you happier than Oreos-that's big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great picture of you two!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I will tell you this... Keratin Treatment changed my life. I dont know what I did without it... well, I actually do... I just had CRAZY UNCONTROLLABLE HAIR!!! So glad you loved it too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby I know!!! I don't know why I didn't get it sooner!

    ReplyDelete