Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 15: Break out the tissues

Okay, I know you have already had your daily dose of randomness today, but I thought of two more things I wanted to tell you.

1.) Spreading peanut butter on bread with a spoon is difficult.

2.) If you felt the temperature drop a few degrees it was because I turned down free pizza. I chose to eat my whole grain reduced fat peanut butter sandwich with baked chips. Am I happy about this? No. Will I be happy about this later when I have no heartburn? Possibly.
Today is Day 15 and it might be a bit of a tear-jerker! I apologize in advance. I am going to tell you about my favorite Bible verse. I knew which verse I would pick as soon as I read what today's challenge was about. Here it is....

  "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."   
 Revelation 21:4

This verse is very near and dear to my heart. I lost my father and the majority of my grandparents at a young age, and this verse gives me the comfort in knowing that even though they are gone, they are in a much better place. I know that one day when I close my eyes in eternal rest I'll be with them again. 



This verse is also very similar to my favorite church song, "No Tears in Heaven".

No tears in heaven, no sorrows given.
All will be glory in that land;
There'll be no sadness, all will be gladness,
When we shall join that happy band.
No tears (in heaven fair)
No tears, no tears up there,
Sorrow and pain will all have flown;
No tears (in heaven fair)
No tears, no tears up there;
No tears in heaven will be known.

 Glory is waiting, waiting up yonder,
Where we shall spend an endless day;
There with our Savior, we'll be forever,
Where no more sorrow can dismay.
  Some morning yonder, we'll cease to ponder
O'er things this life has brought to view;
All will be clearer, loved ones be dearer
In heav'n where all will be made new.

I only teared up twice! Much better than I thought I would do :-)  Tomorrow will be much more peppy! I promise. 

P.S. I clicked on the spell checker and I didn't spell anything wrong. Just thought you should know.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

1 comment: