Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 20: Friday...yeah, who cares

Thank God it's Friday night, and I just just just.....got paid! Okay I actually hate Fridays but it is nice to get paid! Today's daily list of randomness is mingled with good and bad news. Let's begin!

1.) This week's Reader of the Week is...*drum roll*....Brooke Mueller! Brooke read my blog about my favorite restaurants and she noticed I did not have a picture for Gondola. She graciously sent me one! Brooke, that makes you, the Reader of the Week. I have 10 followers, but one is you, so now 9 people are familiar with your name. You're welcome.


Thank you, Brooke!


2.) That guy didn't buy the Jeep. He came dangerously close to pushing the big, red, DO NOT PUSH button. He wasted my entire day! However, I got a call shortly after that and someone wants to buy it Monday. I am definitely not getting my hopes up, but it was the silver lining to my day.

3.) I ended up also bruising both of my elbows yesterday! One was slammed in the car door and the other bruise occurred after I ran into something...I know, shocking! This was all after I tackled the vacuum. I spent most of yesterday like this....


4.) This just in.....I just ate Bagel Bites, and I have now made that my silver lining of the day.


I have somehow gotten off track with my blog challenge. I think I did something wrong somewhere along the way. I'll just go with it though. Today is Day 20 (I think) and the topic is "something I miss" (I think). So here we go!

This is something I miss with all my heart. This is my old house I use to live in out on Goshen Road. I stole this picture off of google maps (shhhh!!).


To be honest, I don't know if it is the house I miss, or the way of life that went along with it. I loved growing up in this neighborhood. My best friend live across the street and my great grandfather lived next door. Things were so simple then. We could leave our doors wide open on a hot day or even unlocked  during the day just in case someone needed to drop by. The trees were always beautiful, and my great grandparents had the prettiest yard. The creek was always great for wading in and catching turtles.
  
My grandparents use to love sitting outside and talking

I can't wait to move back into the country one day! I like the convenience of town, but nothing beats being able to sit on your front porch and see every star in the sky. And that is what I miss the most!


Well that is all for today! I hope you have a fantastical weekend. Tune in tomorrow for Day 21(ish). I have no idea what the challenge is!

And that's the way the cookie crumbles!


No comments:

Post a Comment