Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 9: Longest post yet...sorry!

I've done this for every other post so I think I'm going to keep it up. Here is the daily list of "random things that you don't care about but I still tell you anyway!" I am working on a shorter name.

1.) I decided to pay my car note early, but I was not aware of the two other bills I needed to pay out of the same check. Due to this oversight, I am being forced to continue eating the $.58 Banquet meals I bought in bulk. After my last episode with the "chicken nuggets" I was just going to throw them all away, but poverty has forced me to reevaluate my decision. Please feel sorry for me at any time.


Is chicken supposed to be brown on the inside?
 2.) I need suggestions on how to raise money to last me for the next 2 weeks. I was thinking about setting up a lemonade stand since I can pass for 12, but I would have to buy the supplies. Then I thought about hosting a car wash at my house, but I would still have to buy the supplies. So please place any suggestions into the comment box below. Also, if you have no suggestions just make out a check payable to me which will then place you into the nomination box for "Reader of the Week."

3.) The Jeep is starting to get low self-esteem. She thinks no one wants her. It's really kind of sad.



I hope you are prepared to look at a lot of pictures today. This particular challenge requires me to show you a picture of my best friend. But, because I am awesome (and my mom pays them), I don't just have ONE best friend. So what I'm going to do is show you a plethora of pictures of people whom I consider to be my biggest blessings in life.

The Lord has graced me with 4 built in best friends. I feel so lucky to be able to consider my family as my friends as well. I'll keep this short and sweet since I have already told you about how great Meredith, Jeffrey, Levi and my mom are, I'm sure you don't want to hear it again. So here are the first 4 people I consider my best friends....





In 2003, I made the unfortunate decision to attend Friendship Christian School for my freshman year of high school. Long story short, I hated it. I hated it with every fiber of my being. BUT, the silver lining to the dark cloud I call my freshman year, was meeting my best friend Hope Sampson. Hope was actually forced to be my friend when my sister told her I was awkward and shy and needed friends. Embarrassing, I know. We clicked though! We decided to switch schools, and in 2004 we started our sophomore year of high school at LHS. We scheduled most of our basic classes around each other so that we wouldn't be wandering the huge halls all by ourselves. Eventually we got brave and started attending separate classes but for the most part we spent 3 years in all the same classes. Hope is 10ft of amazing inside a 5ft body. She has the ability to make me laugh even on my worst day. We can go two weeks without seeing each other but pick back up where we left off when we do get to hang out again. I love this girl very much and I'm so glad I made such a bad decision in 2003 because it has brought me 8 years of friendship!

Grand Ol Opry

Random night at the drive-in

Cruise in 2010



Senior trip













Hope and I have three other friends who are the most amazing people you will ever meet. We don't all get to hang out anymore due to schedules and distance, but this post wouldn't be complete without me showing you one of my favorite pictures of all of us. Evan Owens, David Layne, and Samantha Ferrell I love and miss each of you so much.



Okay next is my best friend Cory. Cory Cook and I have been best friends since 2009.  Besides my bulldog of a sister, I couldn't have a  more fiercely loyal best friend. I know that when the chips are down Cory will always have my back. Our one downfall is that we have entirely too much fun when we are together. My mama has to constantly get on to us at restaurants for causing scenes. I have to say, he is the most obnoxious friend I have but I think that is the quality I find most endearing. And I knew he would be reading this so I didn't mention his small hands or the fact that he is 5'3 because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Oh wait....
Eating fried twinkies at the fair



Last night as an LPD officer

Garth Brooks concert







I also have to mention that Cory and I have a brother! His name is Donnie and if you mess with me or Cory he will not take it well. I don't suggest doing it. He is scary. But in a lovable teddy bear kind of way. Love you, Donnie!

See! Doesn't he look cuddly!

That ended up being waaaay longer and more serious than I meant for it to be! I know I lost you somewhere along the way and you just looked at the pictures. I do the same thing so don't feel guilty. But all you really need to gain from this post is that God has blessed me with a lot of remarkable, loving people in my life and I thank Him every night for that.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, first, hahaha. I laughed during this whole post! Second, bulldog of a sister? I think I'll take that as a compliment...Third, I don't recall telling her you were awkward and shy! Just that you might need a little help is all! :) Fourth, if I bring you coupons for meals, does that count for "Reader of the week"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I'm glad you enjoyed it
    2) It was a compliment :-)
    3) Needs a little help = awkard and shy
    4) Yes that will definitely put you at the top of the list for Reader of the Week

    ReplyDelete