Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 26ish: Taunting poor people is wrong

It was pointed out to me yesterday that I had mistakenly used Day 24 twice! So today will be Day 26, and we will pretend that Day 25 was the other day. Now, on to the daily list of random.

1.) By a show of hands (that I can't see), how many of you know what "Chubby Bunny" is? Apparently it is not a well known game because I had to demonstrate it at work yesterday. While everyone enjoyed watching me shove marshmallows into my mouth, my stomach did not appreciate the game too much. Swallowing 15 marshmallows was not my best idea.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the game, but I thought it was funny.
2.) A flock of birds pooped on my car. It couldn't have just been one bird. Oh no, it had to be a whole army of birds. It was like an aerial assault on my beautiful, clean car. And do you know whose fault that is?! MY MOM'S. She is the crazy bird lady of Lebanon. She entices them to our house with a bountiful array of bird seed and bird houses. I came home to three doves on the roof yesterday. I won't be surprised when sea gulls and eagles start nesting in our bushes.


3.) This week's Reader of the Week is....*silence*.....*more silence*.....Cory Cook! I receive daily props from Cory about my blog! See kids, sucking up does get you places. Cory, you have won a week free of being made fun of by me. You're welcome.

Day 26 is supposed to be a picture of my family, but I've already shown you one! I always get ahead of myself on these things. I looked on another blog and their Day 26 is "dream wedding". This topic is about as lame as the hat my sister wants my nephew to wear for Easter.


So I think I will forge my own path and tell you about my epically bad April Fools joke I played one year that I still feel terrible about. Four years ago I was working at a dry cleaners and decided to play the age old joke of gluing money to the ground. So while the workers in the back were on break I took a quarter and super glued it to the floor. This quarter was not going anywhere. The workers come back in and the hilarity began. One by one as they walked by the quarter they tried to pick it up, kick it, and for some reason stomp on it. Sadly, one of them came up to the front where I worked and was distraught about this quarter that she could not get up off the floor. She wanted a drink so badly but only had one quarter. She needed that other one to get the drink. I soon realized that gluing a quarter on the ground around a bunch of people who lived their lives pay check to pay check was kind of a cruel joke. I felt extremely bad and even tried to get the quarter up myself! Two years after the joke it finally came loose! Moral of the story? Don't taunt poor people.


Oops, I did it again. 



(that was for you Brooke)

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment