Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Tale of the Styrofoam Cup

Today is the first challenge-free blog! I am no longer bound to lame topics, and you no longer have to endure them. As usual, here is the daily list of random with only one topic...

I am still on the hunt to find out who flagged my blog on Facebook. It is childish for me to be upset about this, but how else am I supposed to become famous? This person has blocked all chances of me gaining world wide fame. Now, only my followers on blogspot will know when I post something. That is only 9 people. I'm shooting for 6 billion!!! Here are my three suspects....

The "leave Britney Spears alone" guy
Taylor Swift


Vegans
Now it is time for that story I promised you!

Here is some background.....From the time I was 15 until I was 20 I worked at a family run business in Lebanon. There was a "front" part of the business that saw customers and there was a "back" part of the business where 99% of the activity took place. The owners of the business have very kind hearts and would hire people who could not get a job anywhere else. They believed in second chances. The people that worked in the back sometimes had been involved in drugs and/or alcohol at some part in their lives and usually had some sort of criminal record. The majority of these people had nowhere else to go and they knew it. So they worked hard! However, there were a few bad eggs that didn't appreciate the opportunity they had been given...

When I was 16 this woman, let's call her "Jill", was working there. Jill approached me one day while I was working in the back. She was holding an empty Styrofoam cup. I was cornered between the bathroom and the ice machine with no escape in sight. She looked to the left, then to the right. She lowered her voice and asked, "Do you smoke drugs?" Now try and imagine the look on my face. I, of course, told her "no". She then wanted to clarify that I didn't do any other drugs that didn't involve smoking them. I, of course, told her "no" again. At this point I noticed the cup in her hand. It hadn't registered with me until I realized what she was REALLY asking. "I know'd you was a good girl so that's why I wanted to ask if you'd help me out with a drug test. Your pee will show up clean." Again, try and imagine the expression on my face. I mumbled a lot of incoherent words, looked around frantically for someone to help me, and then I reached out for the cup. I don't know why I reached for the cup. I just did. BUT, I stopped myself thankfully. My blank mind began to work furiously. I half yelled, half stuttered, "I take pills!" Then I ran away. Yes, ran. I took refuge up front where my coworkers laughed hysterically at me. Moral of the story: Asking others for urine is weird. Don't do it.


And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment