Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ice cream is more satisfying than a crown anyway

Hello Readers! I have severely slacked on blogs this week. I've woken up every morning with a very sore throat that renders me useless until 2:30 when I peel myself off whatever I'm laying on and drag myself into work. Due to my lack of enthusiasm and sheer exhaustion the daily list of random is not going to be that interesting. I apologize in advance.

1.) In an effort not to become a total slug today I drug myself from the couch and took my car to Premier Auto Spa and had it cleaned. Groupon was doing a special offer where you could spend $12 on a $24 package. My car was cleaned inside and out for only $12. I was very impressed with the results.


2.) I skipped "What I'm Loving Wednesday" because, let's face it, there was nothing to love about yesterday.

3.) Today is Thankful Thursday. I was complaining earlier that I was woken up by some roofers working on a house across the street from me at 7am. However, I realized I should have been thankful I had the chance to wake up in my own bed. I know there are families in Alabama that didn't have a place to stay last night.

The other night I was watching Glamour Belles. It is this extremely addicting show on Lifetime about this dress shop called Joann's in Union City, TN. 
 

Joann's has dressed almost every major pageant winner in the state of Tennessee. While the show itself is filled with horrible southern accents and small town drama the dresses are always gorgeous. It actually made me miss the pageant life! I think I mentioned before I was in pageants.


I loved the preparation for the pageants. It was so much fun picking out the dress and getting my hair fixed. Look at all the rollers in my hair!


Anyways, while watching the show I was struck with the brief idea delusion that I should get back into the pageant scene! (I conveniently forgot that I had tried when I was 19 and hated every minute of it.) However, at my age, I would only be eligible for the Miss Tennessee pageant. I even went as far as to make a list of things I would need to do to even get that far. The list is long and depressing.

1. Get hair extensions and dye hair blond
2. Have teeth professionally whitened
3. Learn to walk in 4 inch heels
4. Spray tan
5. Lose 10 pounds
6. Buy expensive dress
7. Discover a talent
8. Do charity work for Children's Miracle Network
9. Purchase Miracle Bra
10. Win Miss Music City 2011 in August


I think most of the goals are obtainable, but I cannot do #10 if I do not have #7! After almost 23 years of not having a talent it is highly unlikely that I could create one in 4 months. Upon realizing this, I decided to lay my dreams of pageantry to rest and be content to watch Glamour Belles and eat my way through a pint of ice cream. *sigh*                           

No comments:

Post a Comment