Friday, April 8, 2011

Victory is mine! My blog has successfully been unblocked. The "MAN" tried to keep me down, but my First Amendment rights prevailed!


Okay that was a little bit dramatic. However, I can now continue on my journey to fame and fortune! Here is the daily list of random.

1.) It is very hard to pick a Reader of the Week this Friday. So many of you showed support when I was maliciously blocked on Facebook. It was a tough decision, but I've chosen David Layne as Reader of the Week! Even though David moved to Atlanta and left me here, I still miss and love him! Congratulations David on being ROTW! You will receive an e-card shortly along with a list of reasons why you should move back. You're welcome.

2.) Anyone wishing to be nominated for ROTW for this week can bring me food to work. I for some reason thought that a Banquet meal that included a square pizza and cup of pudding would taste good. Upon further examination of the food, I'd rather eat the box.


3.) My mom came by work to drop off my car so I went outside to meet her. As I was walking back, I was thoroughly engrossed in the sweet tea she had brought me, and I was completely oblivious to the sign I walked into. I did a quick take to see who all saw it. Of the three people outside, only one person witnessed the incident thankfully. She was too polite to laugh so she just smiled at me. You'd think that the painting of the handicapped sign on the ground was sufficient. I don't know why we have to plant signs on sidewalks too.


Alright, I have no topic again today so I am just going to tell another story.

Remember the place I told you I worked at for five years? Well they had a secondary location on the other side of town. We had this customer down there named "Barry". I was fairly new when I first encountered Barry for the first time. The phone rang and I picked it up and this is what I heard on the other end of the line, "Do you want a frosty?" I was thinking maybe he was talking to someone in the car and was going to answer me so I stayed silent. "Hello? Do you want me to bring you a Frosty?" I realized he was talking to me. "Um, no thank you." I was very creeped out at that point. "Are you sure? It's a really hot day I know a Frosty would taste good right about now." I asked him to wait so  I could ask my coworker. I wish I could remember who I was working with at the time. We both decided it was a little weird and decided to decline the Frosty. "Sir, we are okay right now. Thank you though." I was still unaware as to who this person actually was. "Okay. Well I'll see you in a few minutes." I hung up very confused. Later, a man pulled up the drive-thru window and handed me a Frosty. "I knew you were just being polite. Here is your Frosty." Barry continued to bring me Frosties for three years. I ate every single one of them. I can't turn down a Frosty, even a creepy one!


And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I love that picture! I think it looks like Levi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this and it absolutely made my day. The memory of "Barry" still creeps me out!

    ReplyDelete