Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 27: We have trees and a square...yeah!

Helllllo, readers! I am officially back on track with my blog challenge...I think.

1.) Marshmallows in the shape of bunny rabbits are my new favorite snack. They taste like regular marshmallows, but are much more cute.


I mean, c'mon! Look at them. They even come in fun Easter colors!


2.) I just checked my junk email folder. Is that what the Internet really thinks of me?? Do they think I'm an overweight woman who likes foreign men? I have no idea why I am even receiving such emails!



3.) I just realized I was complaining about the internet thinking I was fat while I was eating more marshmallow bunnies.


Day 27 is supposed to be about my pets. Well, I'm not allowed to have pets because my mom says we get too attached and then they die. I thought it would too depressing to tell you about my favorite pet that is now dead so I'm just going to change the topic. Someone else had Day 27 as "a picture of the town you grew up in". Guess I'll go with that one!



Unfortunately when you type in Lebanon, TN, into Google, this is all you get. Kinda dismal, huh? There were other random things that popped up but for the most part these two were the only relevant pictures.

This is what Wikipedia says about it:

Lebanon is a city in Wilson County, Tennessee, in the United States. As of the census[1] of 2000, there were 20,235 people, 7,987 households, and 5,319 families residing in the city. It serves as the county seat of Wilson County[3]. Lebanon is located in middle Tennessee, east of Nashville. Local residents have also called it "Cedar-City". Mostly a reference to the abundance of cedar trees in the area.

Lebanon is home to Cumberland University, a small, private, 4-year liberal arts institution.

Lebanon is featured in Death Proof, directed by Quentin Tarantino, as the setting for the second half of the film, although none of the scenes were actually filmed in Lebanon. In the theatrical release (as part of the double feature Grindhouse), only the newspaper held and referenced by the character "Zoe" gives away the location. In the September 2007 DVD release, the action's location is revealed by a title card and multiple references by several characters. Tarantino was born in Knoxville, Tennessee, and has referenced his home state in other films.
Lebanon is also featured in Miranda Lambert's "Famous in a Small Town" music video.
Other movies were filmed in Lebanon are:[citation needed]
  • All The Kind Strangers shot in 1974 on Old Rome Pike.
  • Charlie's War shot in 2003 on Old Rome Pike.
  • Happiness Is... shot in 1975 unknown location.
  • Perry's Wait shot in 2007 unknown location.
Well, that's where I grew up. Try not to be too overwhelmed by all the fun facts I just threw at you!


And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment