Saturday, April 16, 2011

Electrocuted Chia Pets are not attractive

Hello, readers! I hope you have stuck with me. I've been too busy these past few days to even sleep much less blog! Here is a list of exciting things that have happened to me while I've been absent from blogger.

1.)


Well, that was fun. Maybe the daily list of random will be better.

1.) The Reader of the Week this week is.....Hope Sampson! She had the initiative to ask to be ROTW. I admired her spunk!  Congratulations Hope on being this week's Reader of the Week. You win a free ticket to the Southern Women's show! You're welcome.

2.) I need a haircut. Badly. When I blow dry my hair it looks like someone electrocuted a Chia Pet.


3. I have decided to not go with the iPhone just yet. I am greatly annoyed when people feel the need to check their email, text message, and surf the web while I'm trying to talk to them in person. I am afraid I would be one of those people so I am thinking that just a regular old phone is fine with me.



Someone made the wild accusation the other day that the reason I make fun of Taylor Swift so much is because I'm jealous of her. I couldn't even form a proper response to that insult. It took me a few days to gather my thoughts. I decided to pick a song and break down the lyrics for you.

Okay you know that song "Teardrops on My Guitar"? If you actually read the lyrics it is a creepy, creepy song.

Drew looks at me
I fake a smile so he won't see
What I want and I need
And everything that we should be
I like how she says "should" instead of "could".

I'll bet she's beautiful
That girl he talks about
And she's got everything
That I have to live without
She has a boy. That hardly constitutes "everything". Take the knife away from your wrist.

Drew talks to me
I laugh 'cause it's just so funny
I can't even see
Anyone when he's with me
I imagine that at this point she is staring wide eyed at him not blinking and laughing in a very creepy way.

He says he's so in love
He's finally got it right
I wonder if he knows
He's all I think about at night
I am happy that Drew finally got it right at the ripe old age of 17. I was worried that he would never find true love.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing
Don't know why I do
Is that song the theme from "Psycho"?

Drew walks by me
Can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
He can probably tell when your face turns blue.

She better hold him tight
Give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes
And know she's lucky 'cause
What she means here is that she better hold him tight because Taylor will be waiting outside the door for the second she lets go of him.

(Repeat chorus)

So I drive home alone
As I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down
And maybe get some sleep tonight
Wait...you have his picture framed? And you sleep with it?

(Repeat chorus)

He's the time taken up but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into
Drew looks at me
I fake a smile so he won't see
He obviously hasn't taken up too much time because you found time to write this dreadful song.

(Missing last verse)

Drew looks at me
I hope he doesn't see me hiding in his treeeeee....

3 comments:

  1. Haha. I literally laughed out loud. I love your outlook of this song. And I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you become a famous blogger, you are going to be the next Kanye West lol. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo, Taylor. I'm gonna let you finish. But Rebecca Black should get the award for the worst song ever.

    ReplyDelete