Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 30: Better late than never!

Well, I fell behind. Yesterday was supposed to be the final blog. What's one day off though?

1.) I cannot breathe. My nasal passages are refusing to do their job. I'm thinking it is due to this bipolar weather we are having. One day it's warm, the next we are building snowmen. One day it's a tornado, the next we are frolicking through fields of sunshine.

2.) I successfully put together a night stand and a bookshelf without crying. I hit my thumb once, lost a few nails, and I put something on backwards, BUT the important part is that everything turned out fine!!


This is exactly what I looked like. Just with shorter, darker hair. And long pants. And a full t-shirt. And a screwdriver instead of that thing. But this is pretty close.

3.) I slacked again on Cookbook Monday. This week I made a Buttermilk Pie. It is just a slight variation from my grandmother's Chess Pie. She used vinegar and I used buttermilk. That's not really a "slight" variation, but everything else was the same. Buttermilk makes it sweeter.


This is the last blog challenge. I still plan to bore you with mundane stories though! So don't you worry! Today's challenge is to show you a very recent picture of me.

If you look past the adorable baby you'll see me. This is the most recent picture I have of myself. Is that sad? I tried doing one of those self-shots where I hold my phone out at an awkward angle and try to look cute, but it didn't turn out so well....

                                   I went for the "open mouth smile" on the first take...not so good

                                  Then I thought I'd try the "kissy duck face"....also not so good.

Finally, I tried to "throw the deuces"...even worse than the first two.


I'll probably regret putting those up there, but I just had to share. I am also deeply sorry if you make these faces on a regular basis. I'm sure your's are a lot better than mine.

I hope you enjoyed the blog challenge! I have to get the creative juices flowing and come up with my own topics now!


And that's the way the cookie crumbles.


P.S. I'll tell the story about the Styerfoam cup and Valium tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment