Monday, April 25, 2011

Dignity. Who needs it?

I had about an hours worth of insightful bloggisms already typed out about my intense fear of heights, but after what just happened I erased all of it. You asked for awkward Courtney moments, and this one is epic. 

First let me explain with happened with a poorly put together picture that runs off the page.



In this equation it is clear that Courtney plus a 4-runner plus a June bug equals an almost massive pile-up on the interstate. Let me explain...

My mom and I were headed home on the interstate. She had the sunroof open. All of a sudden I was viciously attacked by a kamakazi June bug. It flew right into my face. I had a slight  mild  major over reaction to the attack that ended up with me almost in my mom's lap resulting in me bumping into the steering wheel. Thankfully we lived. The bug, however, died a violent and vicious death. I lost what was left of my pride and self-respect as I mercilessly beat the bug with a shoe while simultaneously shrieking when it wouldn't die. I ended up curled up in the fetal position for the rest of the ride home in an attempt to not touch any stray bug parts that were scattered on the floor.

                                   

On a side note, if anyone finds my dignity please let me know. It is possibly in the area of I-40 near the Watertown exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment