Saturday, May 7, 2011

Machetes must be more efficient

Happy Saturday! I am sorry I skipped yesterday! I'll make up for it today, promise. Let's get started.

1.) This is a special edition of Reader of the Week because there are two!! The first is....Dr. Catherine Smith! She was just picked as Teacher of the Year at Cumberland University, and I for one, couldn't be happier for her. She was one of the best teacher's I ever had at CU. She is also a daily reader of Cowboy Cookies which is the main reason she got picked this week :-)  The second Reader of the Week was a late write in. Congratulations Chad Jones! Chad, without being asked, brought me a box of Junior Mints to work. His thoughtfulness won him a spot as ROTW. Both of you will receive fame from my blog as well as from my Facebook posting. That is a double dose! You're welcome!

2.) I finally found a softball team to play on in my old age! I've been looking for a women's slow pitch softball team for 18+ and I have finally found one! My first game is on Monday. I am nervous and excited at the same time. It' been 5 years since I last played an organized game of softball. I have 3 goals for the game:
                        1. Avoid getting hit in the face
                        2. Hit the ball at least once
                        3. Don't embarrass myself

Do you see what I did there? I put a list within a list.

3. Fun Fact Friday!!

The number of axe murders has dropped every year in the United States since 1970, while machete murders have nearly quadrupled.



I just remembered I didn't ever tell you the story about how I almost got arrested at basketball game! However, I have decided not to tell the story. Upon reflection it was not my proudest moment. Though it was hilarious and I incited a riot I think it's best I just leave that story alone.



I'm losing steam today so I'm going to go ahead and end it here. I will probably have a wonderful story to tell you about my softball game on Monday. I hope you have a happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment