Friday, May 13, 2011

Dear Self, You are not Babe Ruth. Love, Yourself

Wow. I am so sorry to anyone that actually keeps up with my blog! To make up for my absence I plan to cover the daily list of random, What I'm Loving Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, and Fun Fact Friday all in one list! Prepare to have your mind blown!

1. I participated in my first game of softball after five long years of not playing. One word will sum up my experience: Ouch.  Instead of taking it slow and playing it safe I went all out in an effort to prove to my new teammates that I didn't suck after five years of inactivity. I don't think I succeeded. The first thing that went wrong was that they put me in outfield. I told them that I could only play infield due to my horrible depth perception. Staying true to my word that I sucked in the outfield, two balls came my way and I missed both of them. By a lot. I didn't even come close to the second one.

 Besides this guy being black..and a guy...this is exactly how the play went down.

So I told myself to shake it off and do better in the batter's box. They put as last to bat. My pride was hurt but when I struck out the first time I agreed they had made the right decision. Thankfully, I hit every time after that. Even if they were crappy hits I still made contact with the ball. My shining moment was when I decided to really prove myself and steal home. I was running my little heart out completely unaware that the catcher was about to catch the ball at home. I decided a little too late to slide. I ran smack into her and ended up on the ground with my foot on the plate.

 This is an exact reenactment of what happened.

I was safe!! I scored a run! Me! The sucky last to bat right fielder scored a run! However I bruised my shin, skinned my elbow, and bruised my lower left rib. I am hoping next Monday I do better.

2. Here is "What I'm Loving Wednesday" in a nutshell: old people, birds that eat cicadas, bagel bites, and coupons for expensive juice.

3. Thankful Thursday in a nutshell: pains pills, heating pads, Benedryl, and birds that eat cicadas.

4. Fun Fact Friday: Here is a bit of irony for you...

Jim Henson developed an allergy to fleece.


5. This week's Reader of the Week is....*drum roll*....Andrew James! Andrew is one of my nearest and dearest childhood friends. He lives in Washington D.C. now and I don't get to see him nearly as much as I would like to. I got to eat lunch with Andrew this week and since he regularly comments on my blog I decided to choose him to be ROTW! Your prize is that everyone gets to look at this adorable picture of me and you and say "awww!" You're welcome!

This took me three hours to write! I am done for today. It was kind of lame, I know. I promise to get back on track one of these days! Until tomorrow I leave you with this thought that has been bugging me...what language (if any) do hearing impaired people think in?

No comments:

Post a Comment