Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cicadas...they are evil, and talk with an accent.

Happy Wednesday! I know most, if not all of you, are excited about getting over the "hump" in the week. Here is the daily list of random!

1.) If you are a prayerful person I'd like for you to remember one of Meals on Wheels recipients in your prayers tonight. She was gardening today and fell down. Her neighbor called 9-1-1 and she was rushed to the hospital. I have not heard any more news, I am just hoping she is okay. Please send good thoughts her way!

2.) I had my first encounter with a cicada today. I'm not going to lie, it was frightening. I know now why everyone is freaking out about them. It flew directly into my ear. Actually, it dive bombed me! Here is an exact rendering of what happened:




Yes, I yelled in slow motion. And yes, the cicada spoke like a pirate.

3.) I am very depressed about my car. I have kept it immaculate (on the outside) since the day I bought it and now it is covered in cicada guts. I'm convinced they stain your windshield. I can't get them off! They don't just hit your windshield either. They smash into it full force and then violently explode. It's like they are under the impression they will receive 72 virgin cicadas upon impact.


It is now time for What I'm Loving Wednesday!


1. I am loving the fact that it is swimming pool weather!

2. I am loving that in 9 days I get to see Willie Nelson live in Nashville!

3. I am loving my gradually growing hair that is now almost to my shoulder blades!

4. I am loving this new book I'm reading, even though it keeps me up late at night because I can't put it down.

5. I am love, love, loving my newly discovered obsession with Apple Cranberry juice!



That's all for today! Tomorrow will be story time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment