Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dinosaurs do not get paychecks!

Since none of you felt the need to toss your nomination into the ring for Reader of the Year, I will not be addressing that topic in this blog. Just know...I am displeased.

Moving on from your insolence...I wanted to share with you a few inspirational quotes I found online while searching for a quote worth plagiarizing for my Facebook status. During my quest I stumbled upon this quote....

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.- Helen Keller


Does anyone else find this ironic? Or is it just me? Okay, let's keep going with the quest for inspirational Facebook statuses.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up. - Paul Valery

  • So my dream about riding a magical unicorn across the night sky will come true when I wake up?! SWEET!

There is no failure except in no longer trying. - Elbert Hubbard
  • Now, when I feel like dropping the bar on my chest and hoping for a quick death; I can remember this quote, and it will remind me that death in a self-inflicted weight lifting "accident" is failure. 
It is idle to dread what you cannot avoid. - Publius Syrus
  • I have to disagree with Publius here. It is not idle to dread a large spider. I can avoid a spider. I can avoid a spider with the best of them!
You must look into other people as well as at them. - Lord Chesterfield
  •  I understand what Lord Chesterfield is saying here, but I can see how this can be taken a little to literally. I mean look at this guy!


 
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
  • Tell that to the kid who wanted to grow up and be a dinosaur! 
 
 
 

    1 comment:

    1. I didn't think I had to vote...I was sure I was going to get ROTY! =)

      ReplyDelete