Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dear Courtney...

Have you ever wanted to go back in time and slap yourself in the head and say, "Stop it!"? Don't hate me for ripping off Brad Paisley but.....

Dear 16-year-old Courtney,

Put down the homework. I know that is what you are doing right now. Stop it. High school does not have to be as serious as you are making it. I promise. You will still graduate with a perfectly acceptable GPA and get into college. The college English class is a good idea so don't drop it, but there is no need for Honors Algebra 2. You suck at math, don't torture yourself.

Don't paint your room that awful color blue. I know you have not picked out the color yet, but you'll know it when you see it. Don't do it.

Your hair is a hot mess. Go look in the mirror. Do you see that?? Buy a straightener a.s.a.p. You'll appreciate this when you look back on your year book pictures. If you don't buy one, prepare to be made fun of in the future. Trust me, I know.

I know it is hard but make sure you visit Grandmother a lot. You'll wish you had.

I hate to break it to you like this, but you break up with "Bob" in two years. I know you thought you'd be together forever blah blah blah. Sorry to be so blunt, but at least now you will consider taking that UT scholarship. I'm not saying take it, but at least think about your options. Don't let a boy dictate where you go to college.

Speaking of college....HAVE FUN! You definitely do NOT have to make straight As. I know you will think that you do, but you don't. Go out. Meet people. Make sure you take as many of Dr. Smith's classes as possible. However, make sure you are awake when you attend her classes. Turn down the nomination for Homecoming queen...it was embarrassing. Oh, and please, please, please don't take Intermediate Algebra. You suck at math but not that badly. It was a giant waste of your time.


I know there is a lot more I could say, but I am actually writing this on a blog too and I didn't want my readers to get bored. Just so you know you have an awesome blog called Cowboy Cookies and thousands hundreds a few people actually read it! Remember, "don't be sad, be awesome instead."


Love always,
Your (almost) 23-year-old self

No comments:

Post a Comment