Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 2: Oops...

In a not so surprising turn of events, I have already messed up, and it's only Day 2 of this blog-a-thon. Today I was supposed to tell you the meaning behind my blog name, but I already did that in my first post! That's what I get for not reading the guidelines before I start things. This was almost worse than the time I tried to put my furniture together by myself without double checking the instructions. Except this time I'm not crying hysterically in the middle of floor holding a screw driver.
What I thought would happen



What really happened

                                                                                     
Anyways....like I said before my blog title/name thingy is in reference to the cookies me and my grandmother use to make together. It was kinda our thing when I was growing up. I always wanted those cookies when I went to her house to spend the night. I was feeling nostalgic when I created the blog due to the fact I had just found my great grandmother's recipe notebook containing the Cowboy Cookie recipe! So that is where the name came from. In a way I guess it's a reference to family and a reflection on happy times....and I just realllly like those cookies!


In honor of today's post I have decided to make my blog's namesake and share the recipe with you (all 3 of you). I also have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure!

Cowboy Cookies

2 cups     flour
1/2 tsp     salt
1/2 tsp     baking powder
1 cup       shortening
1 cups      brown sugar
1 cups      white sugar
2              eggs
2 cups      oats
1 tsp         vanilla
1 pkg        chocolate chips

Sift the flour, salt, soda, and baking powder together and set aside. Cream shortening. Gradually add white and brown sugar. Add unbeat eggs. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour misture. Blend well. Mix in oats, vanilla, and chocolate chips last. Drop on to a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.






No comments:

Post a Comment