Saturday, February 26, 2011

Testing the Waters

Good 'ay mates! Cheerio! Hi y'all! Well, this is off to a great start! Sadly, those were the first three greetings that popped into my head. I could have erased them but what fun is there in that?

Hello, my name is Courtney, and I'm blogging illiterate. *pause for you to welcome me*. My sister, Meredith, started the 30 Day Blog thingy and so I decided to fulfill my duties as the younger sister and copy her. However, I did not realize how difficult it was going to be! I had to pick a name, colors, and templates! I almost gave up 5 minutes into it to be honest. But here I am, typing away!

I'm not really sure if this is the day I am supposed to post a picture and 15 interesting facts or if that is tomorrow, so today I think I'll just ramble and start all that other stuff tomorrow. I guess right now I should tell you about my blog name/heading/thingy. It's hard for me to tell you why I chose that as my title. It's kind of long and complicated! There is a song called "Who I Am" by Jessica Andrews. Here is the chorus. I'll finish my explanation after you read them.

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done
 My momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends who love me
And they know just where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am

Other than the fact that my grandmother's name was not Rosemary this song fits me to a "T". I thought "Who I Am" was a terrible blog title along with any other line in this song, so I just went with Cowboy Cookies because I really like them and me and my grandmother use to bake them together all the time. My explanation was not very good plus it's a run-on sentence but it makes perfect sense to me! I wish I could explain it better to you, but my brain is tired.

I think I have sufficiently bored you with my lameness so I am probably going to wrap this up for tonight. Bye. See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment